Thursday, June 18, 2009

Starship Sketches: Part 3


This image was done the same way as the one in the post below. I sketched it all with a Pilot Hi-Tech .25 ballpoint on a 8.5x11 sketchbook page. There was little to no planning of the image (no pencils). I started noodling out the main ship, and just let the rest of the image 'happen'. You know, one of those artsy things. I cleaned up some of my failed and eyeballed perspective lines, and vomited out some colors...probably more than a sketch deserves, but it was fun.

5 comments:

  1. Man that space scene is tits! The only critique I have is give me more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vomited some colors!? Man, I wish my vomit looked this sweet. You have moved up to Level 30. This is friggin awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wicked! nice details man and good sense of scale on the colored one. more like this...spaceship spaceship!

    ReplyDelete
  4. man i'm just getting caught up here...very impressive stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very inspiring Ryan. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete